2011 PCM 343 Winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 PCM 343 Winterization

I haven't winterized yet (dealer couldn't get me in until next Monday)and the temperatures here in Denver are gonna be in the low 30's on Friday night. I pulled the exhaust manifold drains, and exhaust system corners. . Water came out of both exhaust manifold drains.I pulled the knock sensors and the screw associated with it but didnt pull the drain plug because I didn't have a wrench big enough. The black nut that the screw feeds through for the knock sensor is the plug right?

I cannot get my fat arse far enough into the engine compartment or the locker to get the water pump plug out.

Also, what's the trick to getting the v-drive raw water plug out. I cannot get it to budge with vice grips, where can I pick up a 1/2 inch square wrench to get it out. I know this is totally a stupid newb question. I'm mechanically retarded.

Just want to try to get the water our of the motor to make it through Friday night, it warms up after that and I'm clear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You need to pull the whole knock sensor out, this will take a 7/8" wrench, to pull the tranny plug use a 1/2 ratchet. There is also a plug on your water pump at the front of the engine they recommend pulling. If you have a heater or shower there are a steps you need to take as well.

Comment

Or, if it's just a short-term thing and the temps aren't going to get TOO cold, put a utility light with a 60-100W bulb at the bottom of the engine compartment and close the compartment cover. 100 watts dumping into that area will keep things warm enough to prevent freezing unless it gets well below 32F.

Comment

Don't forget the water strainer.
        Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Comment

This is my first year with a boat, since I keep it in dry enclosed storage, I bought this:

http://www.theboatsafe.com/shop/boatsafe-jr-300-watt/

I think this video gives a good outline of what you do.. it's not a Tige, but probably similar idea on what to drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezZJq3nn1Z0

Also - this guy flushes his engine with anti-freeze. Wonder if this step is bad for the engine? Corrosive?

Comment

Working...
          X