Winterization link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterization link

Now that live in the north and need to winterize, I was looking for some info and came across this link, maybe helpful to others?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Egs_ac17c
    Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Does anyone else fog the engine or just drain water? Replace with antifreeze?

Comment

I drain all water and fog by removing the spark plugs and turning the crank by hand. I don't add antifreeze.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Since air doesnt freeze, at least not a point that humans could survive , adding antifreeze is not needed for a safe layup. A good draining is all thats needed, but the marine/rv antifreeze does add a layer of protection and inhibits rust. Seems most engine manufacturers recommend fogging through the plug holes as opposed to the down the throttle body with the engine running. It also seems that CATs add another layer.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril, thanks for the tips, we just moved north and have to do more winterizing then I did previously when living in the south. I think I will add antifreeze for peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
          X