BOAT DAMAGE by Marina Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOAT DAMAGE by Marina Owner

While i was away this weekend, I had asked the dock owners to adjust my boat lift because it was not sitting on it correctly.. I went out yesterday and after being on the water, I noticed a sizeable chunk out of the bow of the boat... Its about 3 inches long and looks like the boat hit the dock....

I dont pull my boat forward very far on the lift because i noticed the first time i put it on there, it could probably hit. The marina is closed today so i cant really do anything about it, but my question is, should i call my insurance company? Is this something that would be covered by the Marina owners insurance?

Can anyone shed any light on the situation? I am going out tomorrow to take pictures and will be speaking with the marina owner...

Thanks!

Depends on the agreement or contract you signed with the marina. I used to keep my boat in a wet slip and I was required to carry my own insurance. It also depends on the scope of work in your contract and their responsibilities for your lift. If it was their responsibility to maintain the lift and adjust it to fit your boat then it's probably on their insurance, but if it's your lift and your just renting the slip and they are not required by contract to adjust your lift or if they did it as a favor and did not bill you for the work then it's probably on your insurance.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
      Depends on the agreement or contract you signed with the marina. I used to keep my boat in a wet slip and I was required to carry my own insurance. It also depends on the scope of work in your contract and their responsibilities for your lift. If it was their responsibility to maintain the lift and adjust it to fit your boat then it's probably on their insurance, but if it's your lift and your just renting the slip and they are not required by contract to adjust your lift or if they did it as a favor and did not bill you for the work then it's probably on your insurance.
      Good to know! It is their lift that i am renting from them as well as the slip... I will take a look at the contract and see if i can find anything about them causing damage and who is liable...

Comment

IMPO....Good luck proving they did it. Unless they admit to doing it IMPO it's going to be your problem to deal with. maybe they will step up and take care of it for you. As far as insurance from what you described it sounds like a couple hundred bucks at most so it's probably not worth getting them involved. Good luck getting it straightend out. Let us know what they say.

Comment

Working...
        X