Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended Carpet Cleaner - Need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Carpet Cleaner - Need your help!

Hi Guys

I bought a used 2011 RZ2 late last summer. I never noticed until this spring but it appears that in the storage compartment under the dash that there is some sort of liquid that spilled onto the carpet and it has covered most of the floor. It appears to be some sort of oil or perhaps tanning lotion.

I have tried to use hot water with dish soap, and Heavy Duty Degreaser (that is the name) and completed multiple applications. It is better but when I put my hand on the carpet I get an oily residue. It is enough that I would never put towels or clothes on the floor for fear of damaging them. I am inclined to go to an oil based cleaner but I am concerned that I will bleach out the carpet.

If any of you have suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

If it is in the storage compartment I wouldn't worry about what it looked like or if it was bleached, I would just want it cleaned. But your best bet might be to remove that section of carpet, clean the fiberglass with some type of solvent (safe for fiberglass) and install a fresh piece of carpet.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Hadn't considered that yet but I suppose it is an option.

Comment

Dish soap or dishwasher detergent? Kinda surprised dish liquid like Dawn didnt work. its a de-greaser by nature. Kent Acrysol is a mild solvent that I have used over the years to remove greasy hand prints from tan headliners and carpet. Next step, cut out the carpet and replace it.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by charliejackson167
          To keep your carpet completely clean it is necessary to go through 9-step cleaning. They are-
          1. Vacuum
          2. Baseboard Crevice Vacuum
          3. Move Some Furniture
          4. Treatment of Spots/Stains
          5. Truck-Mounted Deep Steam Extraction
          6. Carpet Rinse
          7. Carpet Fans for Faster Drying
          8. Deodorize
          9. Fluff Rake Carpet
          Ensure that your carpet cleaner do all of these.
          Huh? In a boat?

Comment

Move the furniture? It was hard enough getting that couch in my boat, I'm sure not trying to take it out!

Comment

Wow, that spammer when through a lot of trouble setting up his avatar and everything.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                Wow, that spammer when through a lot of trouble setting up his avatar and everything.
                Yep, exactly. SMH...

Comment

2000 20ci Lake of the Ozaks. I sell carpet for food.. If you cannot remove and clean or replace the carpet, or use the steam clean system.. We sell Host Dry Carpet Cleaner. It is a dry carpet cleaner and it works good. There is the product by itself, a pre clean product and a spot remover. You apply the product let it dry and vacuum it up. Google it for more information or go to your local carpet store, they carry it. M&M

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I will look at the dry carpet cleaner as well. I did apply a Spray Nine Marine Grade degreaser and that seems to have helped. I need to check it again before I put the boat into storage.

Comment

Working...
                    X