tranny oil for 08 22ve.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny oil for 08 22ve.??

I have two dip sticks on mytranny and vdrive. The tanny dip stick is dry? T vdrive is nice and full. There is a small trace of oil in t bilage. Could t top dip stick oil drain into t lower vdrive? Why is t top never showing oil on t stick?
    The boat runs perfect, no problems

Thx n advance!

Looks like i had too much in t tranny, had oil in t bilge. The oil in t tranny must settle down as t dip stick is still bone dry????

Comment

I have a 08 22ve also. A few months ago, I had low oil level on my tranny with oil in the bilge. It took 1.5 qts to top it off. Turns out that it was a loose plug on the housing on top near where the shift lever enters the housing. The bolt was very loose. Once I tightened it, the tranny oil level is rock solid. I also noticed that there is a slight suction sound when opening the dip stick which was not there with the leak. I hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Too much oil in the transmission could result in out burping out the vent, but only down to within the acceptable level. Too much would not result in a dry dipstick. Yes, I think it is possible, however very unlikely, that the transmission oil could find its way into the v-drive portion of the unit, but it would require the failure of 2 seals or gaskets. You would also find the v-drive over full.

With the boat level in the water, top off the transmission so the level is at the full mark on the stick. Clean the bilge and trans/v-drive unit and then run the boat as normal. Check regularly for a drop in level as well as a trail of leaking fluid on the unit.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have the suction sound when unscrewing the dip stick, so I think its tight. However the dip stick stick still has no fluid showing. I do have oil in the bilage and see the oil on the vent on the top of the tranny, so thats where its coming out. So its only going to burp out the excess oil, so I should be good and not worry about adding more??
          Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
          X