Steering cable - 07 22VE info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering cable - 07 22VE info needed

Does 08 22Ve uses same part as 07 boat? need to get teleflex part # and cannot find the thread. help.

Originally posted by jbort View Post
    Does 08 22Ve uses same part as 07 boat? need to get teleflex part # and cannot find the thread. help.
    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ng-cable/page7

Looks like your year has some challenges with the gas tank. Might want to check the first post on that link garciava (08 22VE) or skippabcools for routing hose either through vent or opening up the hole to clear the gas tank.

My cable was much longer than was likely needed on my 24V but having it longer doesn't seem to cause any problems. Mine routes forward towards bow then loops back over the gas tank.

Looks like the Xtreme version might be part number TELEFLEX SSC15419 for 19 foot or SSC15418 for 18 foot cable. Mine was a 21 foot cable ( SSC15421) for a 24 foot boat so 19 or 18 foot makes sense.

The most difficult part for me was getting to the large nut under the engine. It was tough to get a wrench on it.

Good luck! Its amazing how well it steers after putting a new cable on.
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

thx mucho

Comment

teleflex ssc 15418, 18 ft. 08 22ve works perfect

Comment

Working...
        X