Upholstry cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upholstry cleaner?

Brand new upholstry in my 21V and now I have a stain on one of my seats. Appears one of my passengers bought a new swim suit cover before the lake today and never washed it. The seat now matches her shirt ever so slightly.

What is your best guess to fix the problem?

Thanks

Sunlight. I've had a few "transfer" stains over the years. No amount of scrubbing would ever take them out. They have all faded away now. Somebody will probably have a crafty solution but, the sun has worked for me. Just takes forever.

I have been using baby wipes a lot lately. The work amazing on just about anything.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks,

No luck with the baby wipes. I might try some of that Hula "Wipe Out", unless people have found it to be less than effective.

Comment

I used Star Brite this last spring (got it local) and was very happy with the results. I used Hula wax and was very happy with the results. So I would imagine their vinyl cleaner would be good as well.

Comment

Thanks Ruger

Comment

Use those cleaners and then treat with heat from a steam source. The combo is usually really good. Just don't put steam on too long or close because that can cause more damage from blistering.

Comment

I use Exquisite Vinyl Cleaner which you can buy on Ebay.. get the starter kit which comes with a brush and cloth I believe... It is the best cleaner I have found to date! It can get grease and oil out even... and it is safe... best of luck!

Comment

Wipe Out could very well work for you. I have seen it pull out ball point pen ink from vinyl.
                There are no harsh chemicals in it that would hurt the vinyl's integrity.

Happy to answer any questions.
                What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

All the above are great suggestions, just don't use a magic eraser pad, its just a block of very fine sandpaper.
                  2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                  2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I guess sunlight worked it's magic. A week on Beaver Lake teaching kids to board was all I needed I guess. I looked for the spot tonight and it was gone!

Thanks for the advice anyway,

Comment

Have you tried the spray nine. I have used that and it works pretty good. I have been tempted to try the magic erasers from Mr Clean as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X