Leaving Boat at Marina - no hoist slip available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving Boat at Marina - no hoist slip available

I am working on getting a slip at the local marina at Beaver Lake in Arkansas.

I didnt realize how full marinas always are and a slip has opened up but cannot accommodate a hoist. I was wanting to leave it wet for a while until a slip with a lift became available.

Any issues with leaving the boat wet besides maintenance and cleaning? How long can I leave it and what precautions or routine maintenance should i perform.

The lake is pretty clear right now and not alot of algae issues around here...

Left mine in for pretty much 2 summers (taking out every week or 2 to do a quick clean) in washington state and it still looked pristine. Left it in the Lake of the Ozarks for 5 days and it had a brown chalky substance that I still have not removed from one side.

Bottom line is that it depends on the lake. Down south no way. Up north....maybe.

Comment

We used to leave my dads aluminum at a slip and found that if we pulled it out every 2 weeks and cleaned it, there were no problems. We are in a colder climate though. Water temp never gets over 75 at the lake.

Comment

I have heard a number of folk that have had blisters develop even after leaving the boat in the water as little as a week. I am not sure how this occurs (e.g. water temp, etc), but I would not leave my boat in a wet slip for any extended period of time. To each his own though!

Comment

You can look at the Suntream VLIFT.

It is a beautiful lift that will work perfect, however, it is $8500

If that is in your budget I would recommend it. Living in NC I will never leave another boat in the water without a lift again.

Comment

Working...
          X