greased lightning orange blast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greased lightning orange blast?

Anybody try using this on your upholstry? I'm trying to clean the tuff dirt that is slowly accumulating on my vinyl that 303 or performance boat candy wont work on. I tried it on a small part of one cushion and it worked really well. Just not sure what damage it might do if any? I was thinking cleaning with the greased lightning then wipe it down with water and a towel? Any thoughts?

You might want to put some vinyl conditioner on it after to treat the vinyl. You want don't want it to dry out.

Comment

I am a fan of malco cleaners. they make a great vinyl/leather cleaner that does wonders, but you do have to apply a babes/303 after the fact as the malco will strip the uv layer off. does a great job cleaning tho..
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Yeah I was worried it might dry out the vinyl. I actually called them today and they said it might dry it out so no go. Anybody have any other recomendations to get the ground in dirt out?

Comment

Go to dollar store and get some totally awesome and a soft scrub brush, wipe with a damp cloth afterwards, apply vinyl conditioner, and then treat with uv protectant like 303

Search on wake world, some guy analyzed the stuff and it was identical to malco but costs $1 per bottle

Comment

Originally posted by 4bw View Post
            Go to dollar store and get some totally awesome and a soft scrub brush, wipe with a damp cloth afterwards, apply vinyl conditioner, and then treat with uv protectant like 303

Search on wake world, some guy analyzed the stuff and it was identical to malco but costs $1 per bottle
            What kind of vinyl conditioner do you use?

Comment

Quick answer boat bling condition sauce

long answer
              I have used and loved exquisite vinyl care (buy on e bay comes in a concentrate, can buy a 2 pack, with spray bottle and scrub brush that will last a long time) for a long time as it cleans well and conditions well in one product. However it has no uv protection so I will follow with 303 aerospace protectant. Tried babes last year and thought they were okay. This year I tried and like the boat bling products ( one is cleaner and one is protectant and conditioner). These are great for regular use and may become my go to products when I run out of exquisite. Per the guys on wake world I got some totally awesome to try for heavy cleaning. I am a clean freak so my boat is a poor test bed. Took it to clean my buddy's boat that has heavy textured vinyl that was very dirty and it looked new afterwards with very little effort. Spray on TA, scrub with brush, wipe off, then follow with damp cloth the remove any cleaner residue. Then as I stated above.

Most products are good for regular wipe down and protection when this is done very often, think once a week, but the totally awesome plus a soft scrub brush is the hands done best cleaner ever for soiled vinyl

Comment

Totally awesome vs malco on wake world with scientific testing

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786614

Comment

thanks for the info 4bw. Im going to go find some and try it out. I'm kind of a clean freak as well and its bugging me that after everytime I wipe down the vinyl with the 303 cleaner and then the 303 protectant but there is still the hard to get ground in dirt in the texture of the vinyl.

Comment

The 303 cleaner is not very good, I can understand your pain on that.

http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/

Comment

I found a store close by that has the t/a so im going to get some and find some conditioner to follow it up with today or tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Well I picked up some T/A tonight and some Meguiars conditioner and tried them out on a few cushions. All I can say is WOW! I was amazed at how much ground in dirt came out. That stuff works good. I followed it up by spraying water on them and wiping off, then used the Meguiars conditioner and finished with my 303 protectant. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Working...
                        X