How Often Do You Wax Your Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Often Do You Wax Your Boat?

Just out of curiosity how often do y'all wax your boat (not spray "wax"). And what wax are you using?

I usually wax the boat 2-3 times per season.

Comment

Twice a year, I use Meguires Flagship Marine wax.

Comment

More often now .. since I spent all weekend color sanding the oxidation off from the freakin shiny fenders reflecting the sun on my red gel...

Im also putting covers on my fenders from here on out!
        So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Once a year. I wipe down with babes after every trip, and I keep the boat in my garage.

I use Meguiars marine 100% carnauba, but I'm thinking about switching to a synthetic type based on stories of old wax build up turning white gelcoat yellow. I do use Meguiars paint cleaner on the boat before I wax, which probably helps keep the wax buildup to a minimum.
          Last edited by Ewok; 05-22-2012, 07:53 PM.
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Annually polish with Imperial Compound, then Fineeese It II, then 3M marine paste wax. During season wipe down after use and usually add wax once or twice during the season to ensure good UV protection for the Gel.

Comment

Forgot to add, I may try the Hula cleaner wax you sent me with a buffer instead of the 3 step at the end of the season, then finish that off with the polymer as long as it has UV protection.

Comment

How do most of you apply your wax? Do you wax your towers as well? Do you wax your windows too?

Comment

Originally posted by BoatBeautifulMobileDetail View Post
                  How do most of you apply your wax? Do you wax your towers as well? Do you wax your windows too?
                  Yes on the Tower, not so much on the windows.

Comment

You sell something special for windows, John?
                    So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

I wax once a week.. Honda spray polish and cleaner... Stuffs amazing
                      www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
                        You sell something special for windows, John?
                        On windows I recommend Big Kahuna Polymer Sealant twice a year and use Surf Away Spray Detailer when the boat gets wiped down.
                        What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

I just bought some of the Hula Boat Care Wax Cleaner, and spray detailer. This stuff works great. John recomended these products for a trouble area (sun faded) on my transom. Try out Hula products, you wont be dissapointed !
                          "Just Surf Damn it"

Comment

I recommend trying wax on your windows. It will keep waterspouts from building up!

Comment

Originally posted by BoatBeautifulMobileDetail View Post
                              I recommend trying wax on your windows. It will keep waterspouts from building up!
                              I use rainX on my boat windows, works great to keep water spots off the windows.
                              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
                              X