Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which automotive pulley will replace 807757T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which automotive pulley will replace 807757T?

Been looking at some threads about the idler pulleys and I saw somebody say you can just buy an automotive one as opposed to getting one from an online boat store. My Idler bracket is looking pretty weak and I can see the metal has begun flaking off. So I ordered another bracket and I need to get new pulleys as well but I would like some info from the pros first! First off.. do the new pulleys come with all the bearings in them and should I replace anything else besides the bracket while I'm doing it? Also, Just curious as to which ones will match up or should I just take my existing two that I have and try to find the same size pulleys from my local Autozone or Napa? According to the part listing I use to reference parts for my motor the pulleys on both sides of the motor are the exact same. Is this true? Here is the part number listed but I'm trying to avoid dumping 80 bucks on the two pulleys if anyone thinks I can get comparable ones from a local automotive store for like 20 bucks, ya know?

Part Number- 807757T (Shows the same for both top end pulleys)

Website info collected from-

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...ter%28Mando%29

Also if anybody has a part number that could help me find something that would be awesome... Thanks!

Can't tell you a part number but we replaced both idler pulleys that the bearings were going on in our old '01 21V RE with NAPA standard pulleys. We just took them off the boat and went into NAPA and measured with a caliper to make sure they were the same size replacement. Bearings come installed in the new pulley's and they weren't too expensive. Haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by neildorin View Post
      Can't tell you a part number but we replaced both idler pulleys that the bearings were going on in our old '01 21V RE with NAPA standard pulleys. We just took them off the boat and went into NAPA and measured with a caliper to make sure they were the same size replacement. Bearings come installed in the new pulley's and they weren't too expensive. Haven't had a problem since.
      Thanks man.. That's what i need to do then... appreciate ya... anybody else can still chime in though if they have any more info..

Comment

Working...
      X