Hula Wipe Out vinyl cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hula Wipe Out vinyl cleaner

So first of all, thanks John for the sample product!

It was a bit overcast today so I started on the vinyl interior only this afternoon inside my shop. It's bright enough in there to get decent photos, so here are my first results and impressions.

I was very impressed with the efficiency of Hula vinyl cleaner at first. I'm not going to make this into a comparison thread but I took an existing product I have off the shelf to make sure it wasn't just because I felt good about using something new. The other product works just as effectively, but not quite as efficiently.
    Hula doesn't smell near as good as the other product, almost like iodine in a way. But it's effective and I like it!

My boat is 13 years old. The vinyl is in desperate need of replacing but I bought it 3 years ago this way. I was planning to replace the vinyl after this season, unless it sells (yes it's for sale)

So here's the first results. All of these are obviously before and after...

Before: (those stains just won't come out)

But they faded quite a bit:

I took this cushion outside to see if daylight helped the clarity of the photos - it's overcast right now.

After, I'm very happy with this cushion!

Back inside - you can literally see the dirt and grime packed into the grain of the vinyl in this photo:

Every nook and craney, mostly spotless:

I noticed that I started to just smear dirt that I've already picked up, so I'm going to wash this rag and get back at it on Saturday. It'll be sunny then too.

As old as most of the dirt on my vinyl is, I'm going to need several attacks at it for it to get as clean as I would like it, however I don't want to put too much effort if I'm just going to reupholster shortly (or sell)

Cheers Hula! Overall, I like Hula vinyl cleaner very much!

Waiting for another good one!

Did you use a vinyl brush with it too? If not, try that as well.

Comment

Boy, we need to talk about your beer choice...
      So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Flatfive
        Thanks for the feedback. I thought my product smelled like light leather scent and may change the scent in the future.
        If you want to amp up the cleaning use a magic eraser with Wipe Out. You will be surprised.

As for the beer... If the koozie keeps it cool that is all that matters

Hope to hear more feedback
        Thanks
        John...
        What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

I wanted to see what it does without any brushes or erasers and I'm happy. My next cleaning will involve one or the other.

Although when I take it out Saturday, I'm also showing it... So it may not come home.

That's okay, I have another boat lined up to try the other products if this one sells!

Comment

Looks like I may need to get some of that hula stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
              I wanted to see what it does without any brushes or erasers and I'm happy. My next cleaning will involve one or the other.

Although when I take it out Saturday, I'm also showing it... So it may not come home.

That's okay, I have another boat lined up to try the other products if this one sells!
              Good luck hope it sells so you can get your next toy
              What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                So first of all, thanks John for the sample product!
                x2

I was finally able to get out and test the vinyl cleaner. I still need to try the wax and detailer.

I took a couple of pics but don't know if they tell the true story. My cushions were clean except for down in the texture. I used a soft brush with the cleaner and was surprised at how clean it came. I still have more to go. I was doing it in the garage with the far door open. The smell was strong. I need to open the door in front of the boat or take it right out of the garage. If I smell my hands now it does remind me of the leather scent as was mentioned.

I can't wait to get out and finish as well as give the boat a wax and then use the detailer. I was going to wax but I think I will remove what is left of the graphics first.

Initial thoughts is that this is going to be one awesome product. Changing the smell and power of it would be icing on the cake.
                Attached Files

Comment

I thank you for the feedback and great up close pics. Smell is a easy thing to tweak with future batches.

I appreciate the honesty
                  John...
                  What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

I also used the vinyal cleaner.. Maybe its because I didnt shake it but It does not work as well as the babes. I will give it another shot tomorrow after shaking it as it states. It might just be a user error!
                    www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                    http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Be sure to shake all of my products well before use.

Wipe Out Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner is a two part product and definitely needs to be shaken before using. Otherwise you will just a greasy film.

Also remember not to use excessive amount of product.

Let me know how it goes.
                      John,,,
                      What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Yea, I've notice that if I don't shake it's not near as efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
                          I also used the vinyal cleaner.. Maybe its because I didnt shake it but It does not work as well as the babes. I will give it another shot tomorrow after shaking it as it states. It might just be a user error!
                          Hey did you get a chance to play with Wipe Out again?

I have been looking at my scent on this product and the leather scent I use will be replaced as it is oxidizing quickly.

I want to thank you all for the feedback.

John...
                          What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Hula Boat Care sold my boat! Dude thought the vinyl was CLEAN when he came to see it last night!

Comment

Originally posted by Hula Boat Care View Post
                              Hey did you get a chance to play with Wipe Out again?

I have been looking at my scent on this product and the leather scent I use will be replaced as it is oxidizing quickly.

I want to thank you all for the feedback.

John...
                              Hey john I did get a chance to use it again shaken worked alot better. Still don't seem ti clean as good as the babes but I plan to try it some more.
                              www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                              http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Working...
                              X