How do you remove dried on water spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove dried on water spots?

Out here in Texas we have hard water that get baked on mineral deposits (water spots) which are not fun to remove specially with our summer heat if we don't wipe down the boat right as it comes out of the water.

Do you guys have such issues removing water spots and if so what do you use?
    What Rocks Your Boat?

I have heard boat bling hot sauce, mine just came in the mail. Going to use tomorrow. Let u guys know results

Comment

As soon as I pull my boat out of the water every day, I spray it down and wipe it off with 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water. This keeps the water spots away and keeps the boat looking good between details.

One time when I let the water spots gets to bad I used a water spot remover that worked great I think it was Ducky but I'm not for sure. I got it at Eagle Marine

Comment

I second the Vinegar solution. I wipe it down after i pull it from the water then when it gets too bad I use a vinegar solution. Sometimes you've got to do it a couple times but it works!!
        I usually follow up with a simple spray wax coat and shes ready for the next sesh!
        2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
        Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

I don't usually get water spots, or if I do they're hard to see - I have a white hull. But I get a grimey yellow "stain" along the bottom that's incredibly hard to remove. I'll have to try this vinegar solution on that maybe...
          Waiting for another good one!

Comment

We see a lot of vinegar and water mixed here in Austin. Not so much Ducky's and no boat bling.

I am developing a water spot remover that won't strip wax. Instead it removes water spots and leaves a nice layer of polymer on the fiberglass, windscreens, and towers.

I am in my final round of tweak and so far things look interesting.
            What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
              I don't usually get water spots, or if I do they're hard to see - I have a white hull. But I get a grimey yellow "stain" along the bottom that's incredibly hard to remove. I'll have to try this vinegar solution on that maybe...
              Try the Starbrite Hull Cleaner on that stuff, its a mild Muric acid.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Vinegar strips the wax Right? I use Vinegar but I haven’t really waxed the boat before. Sooooo if I get a wild hair and decided to wax the boat I probably shouldn't use vinegar until I want to wax it again, Correct?

Comment

I have used babe's in the past but recently made the switch to boat bling.

Comment

Boat Bling! Works awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jake's02-22i View Post
                      Vinegar strips the wax Right? I use Vinegar but I haven’t really waxed the boat before. Sooooo if I get a wild hair and decided to wax the boat I probably shouldn't use vinegar until I want to wax it again, Correct?
                      I've never tried vinegar cause I heard the same thing that it removes the wax. I use babes boat bright and ducky.

Comment

Vinegar being an acid will strip wax over time with repeated use.
                        I have heard good things about Ducky's.
                        My Surf Away Spray Detailer is similar to Boat Brite however the main difference is that Babes uses wax and I use polymers instead. The advantage of using polymers means you won't get streaking or smearing on windscreens or towers.
                        What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Babe's works fine for me

Comment

I use Performance Boat Candy "Speed Gloss" just spray on and wipe off... simple as that

Comment

Haven't heard much about Performance Boat Candy. I am sure it is a good product but we dontmseenit in our area.
                              What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Working...
                              X