Vinyl Care and Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl Care and Maintenance

I have been asked many time what is the best vinyl cleaner and conditioner on the market. The interesting thing is that boat manufacturers pass on answering what they recommend and approve as they buy the vinyl from an outside source.

After speaking with one of the largest producers of marine grade vinyl in the US, I learned that any product that contains a UV protectant would not be approved as it may discolor the vinyl. This ofcourse is based on a lab test where a vinyl cleaner or conditioner is sprayed on to a test piece and baked at 160F.
    As a result a common recommendation from vinyl maunfacturers is to use a soap & water solution.

In the real world however I have seen everything from harsh chemicals like bleach and 409 being used as well as products that got carried over from the automotive industries.

There are a few good vinyl cleaners out there, however for my money and time I personally like a one step vinyl cleaner and conditioner. This to me is a great maintenance product that offers a decent clean and a great conditioning/UV protection.

I therefore created a product called Wipe Out Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner that is a one step spray on wipe off product.
    It offers a good cleaning function and can remove food and grime, most sun tan lotions, etc. It will not do much on its own to remove mildew that has penetrated into the vinyl. Mildew actually grows roots and works its way into the vinyl material as a result most cleaners will knock off what you see from the top but does not kill the root then the stuff grows back. Some of the detailers I work with use Wipe Out with a eraser sponge to "deep clean" a vinyl surface.

Wipe Out will condition the vinyl surface leaving it soft and supple without leaving the surface greasy or oily... let's face it no one wants to slip and slide with wet feet. Finally it offers a good UV protectant to maintain the integrity of the surface.

Here ia a photos I got from a customer.

https://www.hulaboatcare.com/images/...h%20sponge.JPG
    What Rocks Your Boat?

Being a one-step application is definitely a plus, can't wait to try it out
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Can't wait to get some and give it a try.

Comment

After seeing what happens to vinyl after 13 years of using household products, I'm looking forward to reupholstery and taking care of vinyl properly!
        Waiting for another good one!

Comment

I am very interested in a good vynal product where can I get it in colorado ?
          www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
          http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
            I am very interested in a good vynal product where can I get it in colorado ?
            At this time I can get it to you through my website www.hulaboatcare.com or Amazon.com

If you know of a good retailer in your area I am all for contacting them and getting the product placed there.

Thanks for the question.
            What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Here is an old video I posted on You Tube showing Wipe Out Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner.

http://youtu.be/oQz_T5f4xsI
              What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Thanks for sending the samples look forward to trying the products

Comment

Originally posted by 4bw View Post
                  Thanks for sending the samples look forward to trying the products
                  No problem. I was on Lake Austin today getting work done and the water looked great.
                  Have a good weekend.
                  What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Hula Boat Care View Post
                    After speaking with one of the largest producers of marine grade vinyl in the US, I learned that any product that contains a UV protectant would not be approved as it may discolor the vinyl.
                    . . . . .
                    Wipe Out .... offers a good UV protectant to maintain the integrity of the surface.
                    Any explanation of apparent contradiction above?

I would love to try out a one-step cleaner/protectant. I currently use Babes cleaner and separate conditioner with occasional 303. I have tried other cleaners but never found anything much better. Would be great to use just one product.

Samples available?

Comment

I don't think that's a contradiction. It reads to me as though the producer doesn't approve it, however in the real world it all gets used... right down to the harshest of stuff.

He says to use just a soap and water solution for approved methods.
                      Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                        Any explanation of apparent contradiction above?

I would love to try out a one-step cleaner/protectant. I currently use Babes cleaner and separate conditioner with occasional 303. I have tried other cleaners but never found anything much better. Would be great to use just one product.

Samples available?
                        Hey Duncan,
                        I apologize if I did not explain fully.

Vinyl manufacturers don't approve products with a UV screener in it as they believe their material has all the protection it needs.

Wipe Out Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner is not approved by any vinyl manufacturer because it offers UV protection.

Feel free to PM me and we can look into getting you a sample.
                        What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Working...
                        X