Where do you wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you wax?

Talking to a few boat owners recently and I was wondering if you guys and/or gals get under the boat and give the hull a good coat of wax when your do your annual or semi-annual wax?

I crawl under the boat and give it a good cleaning and coat of wax in the spring and then I use babes boat bright every time I pull it out of the water. It keeps it looking and feeling great all year long.

So how many get way under and wax the bottom?
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

no wax on bottom here. Sides only.

Comment

I wax as much as I can get to, making sure it's completely spotless prior to any application though.

Comment

I wax my bottom..

Comment

Kinda personal to ask, dont you think?

Above the water line.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Kinda personal to ask, dont you think?

Above the water line.
            I wax pretty much only the sides, but then I cheat sometimes. I wax every other time out. I have a little human I bribe to help. So it doesn't take to long.

Everyone once in a while I will stop off at a self wash place, and blast it with wax on the bottom.

Comment

I polish and wax my bottom once a year.

Comment

I have mine detailed before I hit the water for the first time each year. My guy uses a creeper to get under the boat and buffs out all the water stains. Using Boat Blings Hot Sauce on the wrap this year and Mothers Marine Wax on the rest. I figure it really cant do anything but help the gel coat by waxing as much as you can if you dont mind getting under the boat.

Comment

What are you guys using for wax? I have always used the Eagle One spray on wax after every other ride but Im wanting to give it a good coat before the season. Whats the latest and greatest?

Comment

Boat Bling Quickie Sauce at the beginning and end of the season, and their Hot Sauce after every use to maintain
                    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

I use the Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on mine but only because I happened to snag it for $7 on clearance at Target. Seems to work pretty good even if it's not rated for marine use (or at least it doesn't say that it is).
                      http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.do?q=4601

Comment

I use Meguiars marine wax, they have a few varieties but I like the mirror glaze pure wax, I wipe down with a 50/50 mix of Babes every time I'm done on the water and it works great.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/megui...-products.html
                        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I wax my hull.I heard you can get 3 more miles to the gallon with a slick hull.
                          I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Working...
                          X