Distibutor cap & rotor parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distibutor cap & rotor parts

Have a '06 20v with a Marine Power 5.7L Carbed engine (S5.7VSKIETC). Need to replace the cap and rotor and can only find the part number for the whole distributor assembly as a AC Delco 1104060 but can't find the cap and rotor match. I think it's a match to the Sierra 18-5354 cap but the rotor that comes with that cap looks different than I have. Anyone?

i did not know you could get an 06 with out MPI.
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Is it the flat cap with the wires coming out the sides, if so its available from napa.

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
        Is it the flat cap with the wires coming out the sides, if so its available from napa.
        Or, any well stocked auto parts store in your area. Even the locally owned and operated ones. There is no need to feed the NAPA machine when local guys can do the job just as good or better.

Comment

Found it, (and yes, they did offer a 20V in '06 in a carbed version, thanks for rubbing it in. I'm pretty sure the last owner had the engine replaced. There's several signs of it. The engine looks brand new which explains the 80 hours on the meter but some of the wiring and V-drive show there age a little. This along with the "general usage" type wear on the boat tells me it's been replaced.)

It's a Mallory 9-29222 rotor and a 9-29411 cap. Took a bit of internet searching but I got them on order (spendy little rotor!) Our auto parts stores couldn't match them up. You say the word Marine to them and it's all over.

Comment

Your auto parts stores must suck. I found the parts based on some quick research.

Standard Ignition makes them, DR468 for the cap and DR331 for the rotor. I stock both parts in every store I have. That same cap/rotor combo fit quite a few GMC products in the mid 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by geek View Post
              Your auto parts stores must suck. I found the parts based on some quick research.

Standard Ignition makes them, DR468 for the cap and DR331 for the rotor. I stock both parts in every store I have. That same cap/rotor combo fit quite a few GMC products in the mid 90's.
              Won't argue that...I'll keep that in mind but it's not the DR331 or at least it does not look like that. Take a look at the Mallory part number and see if you stock that one. A local marine shop has it coming tomorrow but it's almost $40!

Comment

You are right about the rotor, and upon a quick check, I do not find anything in the automotive aftermarket based on that Mallory number. I looked through the illustrated guide Standard produces and did not find one that matches up. The cap appears to be correct, though.

Comment

Working...
                X