Gel coat care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gel coat care?

I need to clean and buff/wax my gel coat. Was wondering what products to use as well as what size buffer to use. What size pad and where do I get a good buffer? Wool or foam?

What are you using with success? And what steps have worked best? The white looks good but the blue has the water haze one it.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Gel coat

I used a 3m product called finess-it 2, with a variable speed buffer. I was extremly pleased with the results. I purchased the buffer from auto geeks web site. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by c2elec View Post
      I used a 3m product called finess-it 2, with a variable speed buffer. I was extremly pleased with the results. I purchased the buffer from auto geeks web site. Hope this helps

I second the 3M finese it. I use a Mikata variable speed buffer with a wool pad. It is hard to mess up gel coat unless you really try. Not much luck with the foam pads; seems they get too hot and are more difficult to work with.

A fresh wax with 3M and a good wool pad - you see the deep luster it brings out.

Last edited by tnvolgrad; 01-23-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Now thats the way I want my boat to shine, Nice looking and love the wheels. What size is the pad? 7" 10" ?
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Originally posted by c2elec View Post
          Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
          Now thats the way I want my boat to shine, Nice looking and love the wheels. What size is the pad? 7" 10" ?
          I use both, but primarily a 10" pad.

Comment

Working...
          X