Service Trailer Jack? How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Trailer Jack? How to?

I have a 1600lb Fulton single wheel trailer jack and the last couple of times it has been very difficult to jack the boat up. Is there maintenance or something that is required on them or do you just have to buy a new one and call it a day? It looks like there is a cap on the top and a small screw in the side. Do they need oil in them?

Not much help, but I'm interested as well. I just tried to service mine yesterday actually. I was getting tired of doing the two handed rowing maneuver... Took the cap you're speaking of off and greased the gearing. Unfortunately that didn't seem to help much.

Comment

That at least helps me some! Now I know that just greasing the gearing won't fix the issue. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Once the jack is fully extended clean old grease off with a degreaser. Then rub lithium grease on internal tube. Then remove top cap and fill with grease. Crank it down an up a couple times and it will get easier. I do this three times a year, but we go out 150-180 times a year.

Comment

Is it just a grease issue then?

Comment

Got to remove dry/caked grease ...relube and your golden

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
              I have a 1600lb Fulton single wheel trailer jack and the last couple of times it has been very difficult to jack the boat up. Is there maintenance or something that is required on them or do you just have to buy a new one and call it a day? It looks like there is a cap on the top and a small screw in the side. Do they need oil in them?
              yours doesn't have a grease zerk?
              "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Didn't appear to but it might be behind a screw that is near the top, have to check.

Comment

Working...
                X