Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine Blower

Hi All

My marine blower in the engine compartment is no longer working and I need to replace it. One question: should the blower suck air out of the engine compartment or blow air into the engine compartment? Right now, the old broken blower is connected to a black hose which leads to a silver mesh outlet on the starboard aft side.
    Last edited by Wakesurfection; 08-12-2011, 10:18 AM. Reason: Mistakes

suck air out

Comment

Got my new Attwood new off of ebay

Comment

Just curious if you have checked fuses, circuit breakers, etc... I would hate for you to buy a new one and still have the problem and find out that you didn't need one.

x2 - suck air out

Comment

My blower has been throwing the fuse often. Wonder if it is related to all the water going in the vent under surf ballast?

surf boats really need to have the vent placed other than at the rear corner!

Comment

Thanks guys - installed the marine blower and works great. Looks like the old one was completely rusted out. I suspect that water went through the rear vent when heavily ballasted. Just wondering - what do the front vents do? I've got a 2007 Tige RZ2 with 2 front vents. When you look underneath the bow seats, they connect to a black vent duct that goes down to underneath the steering area on the starboard side. On the port side there is a similar black vent duct that goes down underneath the port seating area. Do they connect to blowers as well?

Comment

The other vents are fresh air intakes, so the engine has easy access to fresh air to "breathe" while running. No blowers on them.

Comment

Working...
              X