Oil Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Capacity

Looking to change oil on my 2008 RZ2 but looking at owners manual for MarinePower Engine they first mention that engines could be mounted at angle making dip stick reading off along with listing 4 different types of oil pans with different capacities: aluminum, steel and jet pac with single or dual filters. How can I determine the exact quantity of oil the engine requires?

When I called Marine Power to ask about this, the guy assured me that I definitely did not have a JetPack pan (I have an 08 20V with a 350 5.7L V8). Not sure why, but it sounded as if it was very uncommon. Basically that means it was between the aluminum or the steel/sheet metal. Since aluminum is not magnetic, all I had to do to was see if a magnet would stick to it. In my case, it did, so I have the sheet metal pan (5QT capacity). Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks Travis, did you use the recommended 40 weight oil?

Comment

In speaking with Marine Power, I was told that their recommendation is now to use 20W50. They also said not to use a crap brand, so I used Valvoline. Since my engine has over 100 hours, it's safe to use a Synthetic or Synthetic blend (but once you go Synthetic you should NOT go back). I got a 20W5 Synthetic Blend.

Here is Marine Power's contact info in case you want to call them and ask about your specific engine:

Marine Power Inc
        17506 Marine Power Industrial Park, Ponchatoula, LA 70454-7032
        (985) 386-2081 ‎

Comment

Working...
        X