Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I have moisture in my fuel tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have moisture in my fuel tank?

I haven't been able to get my 2008 22Ve' out much this year, so I am still running the same fuel I topped it off with last December when winterized. The past 2 times I have gone out the boat runs fine until I shut it down and it sits for more then a few minutes. Between 30 to 2 hrs. When I start it up it idles fine bet when I accelerate it boggs down eventually stalling out. A few nights ago it wouldn't start again for 20+ minutes. It fianlly fired up like it was normal and we got off the lake.

Any suggestions?

I added some fuel additives & octane increase and then filled it up. Going to take it back out on Sunday to see how it runs.

If I need to replace the fuel filter does anyone know a replacement brand and part#? How easy is it to replace? Have 230 hours on the filter so probably wouldn't hurt to replace it anyway. (5.7L MarinePower eng)

When you say December, you mean Dec 2010, right? Not 12/09?

If the fuel is just 9 months old, its a bit spoiled, but not harmful. Top is off with fresh 87 oct and a bottle of Stabil and go run it out.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would also recommend two bottles of this added before you fill it up. Then run stabil with the subsequent tanks...

Boating Lake Mead since 2000

Comment

Yes 2010. Would spoiled gas cuase it to bog down so dramatically and then not start again for 20-30 minutes? I hope that is it, not looking forward to changing the fuel filter in 98 degrees!

Billua, I can't read the name of the product you put up the picture of. Does it say "Sea Foam"? Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I am sorry, yes it is Sea Foam...Autoparts stores, Wally world etc...

Good luck!
          Boating Lake Mead since 2000

Comment

Originally posted by ATL 22Ve View Post
            Yes 2010. Would spoiled gas cuase it to bog down so dramatically and then not start again for 20-30 minutes? I hope that is it, not looking forward to changing the fuel filter in 98 degrees!

Billua, I can't read the name of the product you put up the picture of. Does it say "Sea Foam"? Thanks for the suggestion.
            Well, your problem is two-fold. 1) you've got winter blend fuel in the tank. It has a higher volatility intended for the colder air temps of winter. Come summer, it boils easy due to the high air temps and this results in vapor-lock. 2) its spoiled, so its lost a lot of its BTU's. This results in hard starts and poor performance.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Do you have the vapor lock retrofit installed? Mine had the same problems. Installed the kit. No more problems.

Comment

Which vapor lock retrofit are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by OldeBoy View Post
                  Which vapor lock retrofit are you referring to?
                  It involves adding a T in the return line that goes back to the pump and sending it also to the tank. Fixed all my problems. I contacted my dealer and MarinePower sent me the kit.

Comment

Here is a pic. The T is the one with the hose and hose clamp on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X