oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure

alarm was going off like crazy on saturday due to low oil pressure. I figured it was low on oil as it would only drop pressure when i went over a wave. I added a quart from marina and it works fine but my question is where did the oil go? i have 170 hours on a 2008 RZ2 and have it serviced on a yearly basis. I looked in the engine bay and also checked the water that came out of the plug hole and it didnt have any oil in it.

also what type of oil do you recommend for the boat? Thanks

1) when was it last checked?

2) how many hours since it was serviced?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i just had it serviced 4-5 months ago where i assume they performed an oil change checked levels. maybe 10 hours since it was serviced.

Comment

Do you wake surf a lot?

Comment

we definitely surf a good amount. its close to 50/50 surfing and wakeboarding. why do you ask?

Comment

My guess is that it may have not been full after the service. Make sure its full now and check it each time out and keep a log of hours and consumption.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My 2009 RZ2 did a very similar thing last year. I looked for oil leaks etc... It had been serviced recently etc... I called the dealer and explained the low oil pressure light I was getting and that my oil level was down? He contacted PCM and here is the explanation. When surfing the oil pan is at a pretty significant angle and the oil tends to pool at the back end of the pan. The engine senses a high oil level and burns it off. Per PCM, the design of the oil pan did not take into account the angle that would occur during wakesurfing when heavily ballasted on one side. They are working on addressing that in future models? In the meantime, I carry a couple of extra quarts of oil and check the level every 2-3 trips. It usually only goes down if we wakesurf a lot.

Comment

Kerlee,

thanks- that makes alot of sense. sort of sucks that they didnt think of this but it is pretty easy to check levels and add as needed.

Comment

Working...
                X