Bleach cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleach cover?

Anyone know if I can wash the genuine tige cover with bleach? I want to get rid of the mildew that has developed and retreat it with the 303 fabric guard.

I tried a few types of cleaners and wasnt able to get rid of the mildew stains. Im pretty sure bleach will weaken the fabric and ruin the cover.

Comment

I've got the mildew situation starting as well...I've only had the cover since February. I'd hate to see it only last 1 season. Anyone have any advice for proper care to keep it nice and clean up the mildew?

Comment

Originally posted by travis5550 View Post
        I've got the mildew situation starting as well...I've only had the cover since February. I'd hate to see it only last 1 season. Anyone have any advice for proper care to keep it nice and clean up the mildew?
        I use a pressure washer on the cover. I lay it on the driveway. Works good.
        So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Do you know what material it is made from? Sunbrella's website says that you can throw it in an industrial sized washer with detergent and bleach. Then to treat it. I'm just not sure that it's made from Sunbrella or another similar material.

Comment

I found what I was looking for. The material is made by Surlast. Instructions for cleaning and maintaining are here - http://www.glenraven.com/surlast.php?lang=en

Sounds like you can use bleach but very carefully and quickly.

Comment

Working...
            X