MArine Power 5.7l V8 Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MArine Power 5.7l V8 Oil Filter

I'm confused about which filter will fit my 2008 Marine Power 340hp 5.7l engine! Marine Power says to use Napa Gold 3225 or Fram PH13 and I don't see either of these on any lists on the forum. Pep Boys did not have either of these, or the Purolater L20049, Napa 1069, Fram PH30, AC PF25 or Pennzoil PZ3. Any clarification or comments?

BTW, MP also said to use 20w50 oil even though their manual says to use straight 40wt.
    Thanks!

I have some clarification for my own question. I went to NAPA to get a 3225 only to find out that is a fuel filter. Another call to Marine Power and they said to try a Fram PH13 which cross references to a NAPA Gold 1060 which I got. I don't have much confidence that I have the right filter but at least I don't have a fuel filter to take an hour to where my boat is!!! (If it were here, I wouldn't be asking for a filter number!) Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment

I have an 07 marine power vortec 360hp I use a wix 51060 for my oil filter

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ght=Oil+filter

Comment

Thanks ajholt 7. I saw that thread and was good until I called Marine Power to ask which oil and filter to use, and they gave me a different part number from any on that list. Fram PH13 is the one they gave me which I cross-referenced to a NAPA 1060. Since they also gave me a number that is a fuel filter, I'm totally confused! The guy at NAPA said the PH13 is a standard chevy filter. SHould I trade my NAPA 1060 for a NAPA 1069? I promise I will write this down for future reference!!

Comment

Thanks dididave, Wix 51060 cross references to a Fram PH13 which is consistent with what MP said.

Comment

Mobil 1 filter M1-302 also works. Use it on my 2003 Tige 22i w/ Merc 5.7 Tow Sports.

Comment

Working...
              X