Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 21i Fuel Sending Unit Replace

Hi All,

The fuel gauge in our 02 21i jumps all over the place. Even with a full tank it will stay in place for a short while and then start jumping all over again. I think the float/sending unit must be NFG and would like to replace with new.

Has anyone done this or can you tell me what the part numbers are so I know what to order? I have also contacted Florida Marine who are, according to Tige, the mfrs of the tank.

Not sure if it make a diff or not but the 02 21i was introduced mid-year in 02 and used the same hull as the 21v. Our has the Merc 315 MPI.

The other option I'm hearing about is to install the more accurate fuel flow meter. Is that an expensive/difficult install??

Any help is appreciated.

Thx,

Chris
    Experience - Something you get right after you needed it.

In both my 98 21i and 99 21v I just went and installed a universal sender and it worked great. One like this.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2706709...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

You should also be able to find them at your local marine store I know mine had them on the shelf.

Comment

Fuel senders and boats...for some reason they just never work. Flowscan fuel flow meters are the industry standard but there are several knockoffs from companies such as Lowrance that are great for small boat applications and are easy to install. Don't mess with the sender and get the flow meter and replace the fuel gauge with the display for the flow meter.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
      X