ticking noise under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ticking noise under load

does anyone have any ideas as to what would cause a ticking noise underload around 2,000 rpms. i have hooked it up on the motor flusher at home and can't get it to make any noise.I have a 2001 2100v limited edition with the mercruiser 350 magnum mpi.

Check spark plug wires for burn marks or cracks. A wire intermittantly grounding with make ticking noise. Also, you may want to check to see if you have a stuck lifter. Hydraulic rollers will stick internally and cause the associated valve to act like it is out of adjustment causing a ticking noise.

Originally posted by thomas1 View Post
    does anyone have any ideas as to what would cause a ticking noise underload around 2,000 rpms. i have hooked it up on the motor flusher at home and can't get it to make any noise.I have a 2001 2100v limited edition with the mercruiser 350 magnum mpi.
    So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

thanks for information i will check plug wires. i think if it were a lifter it would make the noise while i had it on the flusher at home .

Comment

Agreed. And it would tick at other RPM as well.. not sure without hearing it myself.

Originally posted by thomas1 View Post
        thanks for information i will check plug wires. i think if it were a lifter it would make the noise while i had it on the flusher at home .
        So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

I bought this boat used not sure when the last time it had a tune up. the guy i bought it from has been pretty good about answering questions i have had about the boat. Family and I have really enjoyed the Tige boat

Comment

Thomas, just make sure when you are diagnosing this at home hooked to the hose, never put it in gear.

Comment

no i would not do that thanks for your concern i always have safety in mind

Comment

Not only is it a safety concern, it will damage your shaft seal and strut bearing.

Comment

Working...
                X