Tire presure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire presure

What tire pressure do you keep in you tires? I checke mine and then are right at 40. Do I need to go to the cold max of 50?
    I never know what is right. So what do all of you think?
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

I run mine at cold max and have never had a problem.
    Formertigeowners.com
    I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Comment

X2
        Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I asked extreme trailers this years ago and they said keep it at the max posted on the tire (most likely 50). They said I could go a little bit under since my normal route is through the hot desert where they will get to well over 50 when hot. I keep mine around 45.

I know this is sort of contradictory because I believe running under pressure causes heat. Any scientists out there with straight scoop?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am going on a trip next week and I can never remember, if I run under and it will heat up up past that #.
            15 Escalade ESV-Black
            08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by samw View Post
              Thanks for the info. I am going on a trip next week and I can never remember, if I run under and it will heat up up past that #.
              If you run your tires too low, it wears them out faster and you waste gas. I run mine between 45-50.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

5 psi below Max cold pressure.
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                X