fix for peeling graphic decal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fix for peeling graphic decal?

Well, all those gas dock attendants overflowing fuel have taken their toll on my port side RZ graphic directly under the gas cap (even though it gets sprayed with soap whenever that happens). A small bit under the rub rail is starting to peel.

Has anyone had any luck with an adhesive to re-attach that peeling portion? Feedback and suggestions welcome!

And can anyone tell me why I still tip the gas dock attendant when he overflows the tank? I tip for bad service too. I guess I am a sucker (who waited tables a lot of years).

I am having the same problem with my rz4. It almost always over fills when I add gas. Any tips other than not filling it beyond 3/4 of a tank or so?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannjena View Post
      I am having the same problem with my rz4. It almost always over fills when I add gas. Any tips other than not filling it beyond 3/4 of a tank or so?
      Remove the other cap and fill slow.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have used a little contact cement on the stickers, seems to be holding well.
        as far putting gas in, I keep a few extra shop towels in the boat or truck, when i fill up, I wrap one of them around pretty tightly on the nozzle like a collar and it catches most of the "burp" I throw it away when i am done pumping the gas. Still cannot fill at full speed though. Have not tried Chpthrl idea but sounds good.

I carry a bottle of body/shampoo wash in the glove locker, in the event I get sprayed with gas, I jump in at the lake, lather up with the body wash, jump back in to rinse off and at least I don't smell like gas all day.

Comment

Excellent stuff!

Contact cement. Open other gas cap. Keep body wash on board.

How do people own boats without TO?

Comment

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Best advice I ever got was to "stuff" the hole with paper towels around the nozzle. (normally we fill on trailer, so the towels are right there) Put a couple at the base of the hole, maybe an inch or two inside, insert nozzle, stuff the top part of the hole with more (be sure to not actually stuff all the way in, just enough to fill the gap. The reason you have to use a good handful of them, is you only want a portion of each towel in the hole. We fill at full speed, and when its done, it burbs up and just barely hits the towels (and is quickly absorbed into the bunch). Have another one handy in case a little comes out the breather, but normally its just fumes. Remove the towels and nozzle in one motion, use your spare to grab the nozzle towels when your doing this - discard towels - works like a charm for us. Filling at full speed saves us a bunch of time, especially when we have a two tank weekend.

Seems like someone would have invented, patented, and started selling a better method to fill a boat by now - but until then.

Comment

If you remove the other cap as CHP said, you can fill it pretty much wide open.

Comment

Funny story. A couple of weeks ago I tried to fill it with both sides open. I was filling it as fast as I could and my 10 year old son walked by the opposite side just as the gas burped out and completely drenched him with gasoline. He had great timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannjena View Post
                    Funny story. A couple of weeks ago I tried to fill it with both sides open. I was filling it as fast as I could and my 10 year old son walked by the opposite side just as the gas burped out and completely drenched him with gasoline. He had great timing.
                    Poor boy. That sucks to get a burb full of gasoline
                    GO BIG!!

Comment

yeah, I was touring the Tige factory and on my tour I asked about the burping..the guys said, "yeah all boats do that"
                      I guess they do, but for 65k you'd think this would be an issue of the past.
                      2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
                      Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

Working...
                      X