Removing scuff marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing scuff marks

My brother was driving his boat home lasat weekend and had a tire blow out, the rubber got scuff marks on the trailer and also on the side of the boat.

I was looking for some opinions on what to use to remove the rubber scuff marks from the boat and also from the trailer, obviously without damaging the color or clear coat.

Originally posted by jmhatchett View Post
    My brother was driving his boat home lasat weekend and had a tire blow out, the rubber got scuff marks on the trailer and also on the side of the boat.

I was looking for some opinions on what to use to remove the rubber scuff marks from the boat and also from the trailer, obviously without damaging the color or clear coat.
    I've had good luck with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for taking off light scuffmarks
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

For light scratches and scuff marks, I use a polishing compound. There are many manufacturers, including Turtle. You can find it at any Auto store.

Use a clean towel and lots of elbow grease.

Comment

Acetone is another trick if its rubber. Make sure to wax after.
        "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
        "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

WD-40. Rinse and wax afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
            Acetone is another trick if its rubber. Make sure to wax after.
            X2 on Acetone and or Goof-Off.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X