Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How tight do you want to make the Serpentine Belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tight do you want to make the Serpentine Belt?

Just wondering how tight to make the belt...? Do I need to use any special tool? thanks...

Should take a little force to twist the belt 90* half way between the 2 furthest apart pulleys.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The belt should deflect down no more than an inch when pushed down midway between two pulleys.

-Mike
      Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Thanks, I just didn't want to put it on too tight..cleaned off all the pulleys with some PB blaster and put on a new belt from Advance Auto Parts for 25 bucks and I can already tell she is happier.. The old belt was so worn it had stretched to 88.5 inches and had worn off a section of it's track for the pulleys! Man..I had a squeak last time I went out and I think I found the culprit..I was able to remove the belt with out loosening the tensioner pulley.. Guess I need to stay on top of my baby...I never thought to check the serpentine belt though... Another question though...how the heck do I read the hours on my boat...It has one of the digital displays but when I put it on the Hour Glass function it doesn't move...I was trying to see if it moved out of water while flushing it so I will check when Im on the water...But is that the right one? I believe it said 284.9, which when I bought the boat I could have sworn they told me it had 300...Just want to make sure I know how many hours I have so I know any more preventative maintenance I should do...

Comment

Working...
        X