"The FIRST thing you should do after taking delivery of your boat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The FIRST thing you should do after taking delivery of your boat"

My wife and I just took delivery of a new 2022 21ZX yesterday. Now I have always been told that the first thing you should/could do would be to spray down the engine compartment with a moisture displacing lubricant. Something like this LINK.

That being said, all I've ever owned was jet boats so I want to make sure there would be no harm done on this new Tige. I can't imagine there would be, but, you never know.

Thoughts?

For reference: Video

Welcome. Up to you but was the person who said "Do this first!" from a saltwater background? Not necessary in my opinion unless you're running your boat in the Bahamas or Florida.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

No harm in lubricating but i would try and keep it off of the electronics but really not needed for fresh water. I would make a habit of wiping down the outside of the boat regularly with a water spot remover such as boat bling hot sauce.

Comment

After spending this kind of money on something, I just hate the idea of seeing rust or any other noticeable signs of age. I know it’s inevitable, but still, you spend this kind of money…

Spoke to the service manager at my local dealer today, and he said that Corrosion X (red) is really good for what I’m trying to achieve. Admittedly, he said it’s usually for salt water boats, BUT, you wouldn’t hurt anything with a liberal amount of it in the engine bay mostly focused around the joints at the bottom.

Comment

No harm in being over cautious.
          For keeping things looking new my best advice would be to keep the interior out of the sun while also making sure it’s dry. Pull your center drain plug while on the trailer, a lot of the corrosion you’re trying to prevent can simply be prevented by having a dry bilge.

Comment

Do you guys have some favorites when it comes to cleaning products on post-outing care? Specific likes for upholstery and fiberglass respectively.

Comment

Bling Sauce makes some good products and some approved for the Cool Touch.

Comment

I always mix a 50/50 solution of distilled/bottled water with vinegar and wipe the fiberglass immediately after using. Keeps the fiberglass looking very new and removes all the hard water spots. I use Bling sauce for the vinyl.

Comment

Originally posted by TigéDrew View Post
                  My wife and I just took delivery of a new 2022 21ZX yesterday. Now I have always been told that the first thing you should/could do would be to spray down the engine compartment with a moisture displacing lubricant. Something like this LINK.

That being said, all I've ever owned was jet boats so I want to make sure there would be no harm done on this new Tige. I can't imagine there would be, but, you never know.

Thoughts?

For reference: Video
                  The first thing to do with a new boat is “break it in” with your wife or girlfriend or both

Comment

I did have to tell the service manager, “sir, I know it’s spring, but thats not pollen on the cool touch.”

Comment

Working...
                    X