Help with part numbers for a 2000 21V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with part numbers for a 2000 21V?

I am trying to locate part numbers for spark plugs, wires, & cap and having issues with the local AutoZone type stores helping me. Our closest West Marine is not close at all. I have been searching the forums and am not coming up with a good way to locate them.

Thanks a ton!!

On my '99 21V with the 350 motor, these are the part numbers for parts off of Amazon.

Distributer cap: Quicksilver 805759Q3
    Spark Plugs: NGK BPR6EFS-3623

I have not replaced the wires, do I do not have those off hand. There are websites with exploded parts diagrams for the 350 motors, a quick web search will find them, you will need to know which engine you have. The diagrams will tell you what part number is used for each component on the motor.

Comment

Do you know your engine serial number?

Comment

I'm assuming you have the Merc 350 MPI. If so, these are what I used on my 2001 2100v and below is a screen grab of my parts list that I've accumulated.

https://skidim.com/wire-set-thunderbolt-ign-8mm.html

Tige 21v Parts.jpg

Comment

I know we've said it before and I will say it again and after helping members from the site recently, STAY AWAY FROM AFTERMARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The difference in price isn't worth the dang headache. For example, a site member purchased an aftermarket cap and rotor kit and performed a tune up to include spark plugs, distributor sensor and a handful of other pre-summer maintenance items and following all that, the boat ran like ****. Phone calls, diagnostics, injectors (which should be done anyway from something of that era), timing instructions, emails, more phone calls and texts and it was finally determined the aftermarket rotor was for a 6 cylinder but packaged with the 8 cylinder cap. As of last week it's finally running normal and they can enjoy the rest of the warm month. GFY, Sierra.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Being that person that purchased the counterfeit parts, BUY OEM ONLY. It took us weeks of weekends to figure this one out and when it was all done, I will never buy anything but OEM again. Thanks again to boatwakes for his guidance in this matter. This was purchased online from A.....

Comment

Working...
            X