Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed fuel filter and now boat will not start

Hi everyone!

This site has been super helpful for me and I am hoping someone might help me troubleshoot.

2006 20v marine force 5.7L vortec engine. Boat was misfiring on the lake so we got it to the dock. Pulled the fuel filter and it definitely was over due to be changed. Changed it, primed the system by turning on key twice as per the manual. Went to start the boat but it will not start now. Pulled the fuel filter off to double check the fuel is primed and air came out. Took the filter all the way off and noticed that the o ring is loose (can’t remember if the new o ring was loose or tight when installed). Put everything back together and still same issue. Check fuel filter and this time no air came out when I loosened the canister which makes me think the o ring wasn’t seated properly the first time.

I changed the plugs last year and they still look okay. Checked cap and rotar and it looks fine. Dumped some sea foam in to the tank.

Am I missing something simple?

Check the bottom of the fuel filter two wires need to be connected easy to not have one or both connected made them mistake myself on a 2006 20V

Comment

Working...
    X