2015 Tige' Z3 water in convex part of Hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Tige' Z3 water in convex part of Hull

Water collects under V Drive area which is lower than the bilge pump mounted in rear. I have to daily remove about a gallon which could fill up higher and go to the rear bilge but had to change out starter last year and don't want to get it wet so thinking of trying to install a second bilge pump in convex hull area and wondering if anyone else has tried this.
    First, thought I had a leak but checked out prop seal and everything to rear and now think water comes in from rear storage area above swim platform when we surf and sink back corners deep. The 2 rear storage areas drain to rear bilge pump but water flows to low point, which is under V drive.
    Appreciate any input

Second bilge pump in the tiges is crucial. Tap it into the existing through hull with two check valves and you’ll be good to go.

Or another option if you’re trailering or on a lift would be to add a T handle center drain plug in front of the v drive.

Comment

Thanks for reply

Can I tie second pump into the power supplied to the bilge pump in rear? Thought that would allow me to use existing switch on touch screen?
      Also had question on winterizing the fresh water system. Could I ask you what you thought about leaving pumped antifreeze in system instead of pulling plugs a second time. I pulled the 5 plugs and impeller cover and drained water then reinstalled everything to run engine to pull in antifreeze and got good mix out of exhaust (-20). Had rust and corrosion around the brass manifold plugs and thought the antifreeze sitting in there maybe better than leaving holes open?

Comment

You should be able to tie in the wiring, might be too much draw, I'll let others answer that. You could also just wire it directly to the battery and make it an auto bilge only.

For the anti freeze yes just leave it in for added protection and run it in the spring.

Comment

I did both a second bilge pump and a t handle drain plug last off-season. I used a 12V relay and tied the relay into the existing bilge pump. The really I bought only draws 0.080A on the touchscreen’s PDM. I wouldn’t just add the bilge pump to the existing circuit, cause when you need the pumps the most you are assured to overload the circuit and have no pumps running!!!

Also both pumps I used had a tricuspid check valve built into the pump and I combined both water outputs into the single thru-hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X