Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V Frive Fluid Type.. same dipstick as Tranny

Hey guys,

This question pertains to my 2005 Tigé 22V, MP 340hp.

So my V drive and my transmission both have the same red dip stick cap. However.. whoever I bought this boat from has what looks like regular engine oil in their V drive. I thought that if the V drive has a red dipstick that matches the trannys dipstick, then it’s supposed to take the same fluid as the tranny. Is the correct? If so I’ll switch it to Dex III to match my velvet drive tranny.

Thank you

Is it a Walters v drive? The ZF Hurth v drive recommended fluid was sae 30 non detergent oil. The v drives don't seem particularly picky on fluid type. If what is in there is clear/yellow, It would be a safe bet that it currently has the sae 30 oil in it. The 30 oil is a bit thicker than the ATF so it should help it operate more quietly as well.

Comment

My walter vdrive specifies fluid type on the serial number plate. SAE30... Check yours there?

Comment

An 05 would likely have a Walter V-drive and Borg-Warner trans. They are separate units and require different fluids.

V-drive = 30W non-detergent motor oil

transmission = Dex III transmission fluid.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It’s a ZF hurth tranny and V drive… I’ll check for that plate tonight when I get home thank you for the tip

Comment

Working...
          X