Engine Coolant Change on Raptor 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Coolant Change on Raptor 400

Hope the winter is treating everyone well up here in the north! (Lucky Ba*t***'s down south

What the above was suppose to say^^^

Hope the winter is treating everyone well up here in the north! Lucky Ba*t***s down south! I'm looking for anyone with some know how regarding an engine coolant change on the Raptor 400. Looked through the forum and couldnt find much. Sorry in advance if it exists somewhere. The local dealer is looking for 470.00, which I find hefty?! Unless the process is that involved.

I appreciate any help of a write up/or direction to a link showing the process!

Adam
    2019 Tige ZX1

Comment

While our lakes dont freeze, it was 24 this AM and barely got over 45 for a high today. So yeah, a good mix of antifreeze is needed here to.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Technically Indmar says to change coolant every 2 years. I think thats excessive, especially since Indmars service interval for checking g the coolant is 300 hours or annually. I personally think just checking it with a refractomoeter to check for degradation is more important. When is the last time you've done a coolant flush in your vehicles??

All that being said....just pop the hose off the bottom of the block on the starboard side near the remote oil lines(follow the hose from the heat exchanger if you arent sure). Having a vacuum bleeder really helps when you fill it back up as you can get an air bubble at the top of the engine. If you dont have one and don't want to pay for one I've had good luck popping off the Tstat housing, pulling the tstat, and filling there until its FULL, then put the housing back on and top off degas bottle.

Remember that the coolant is PROPOLYENE glycol. DO NOT use EG or ELC

Comment

Excellent. I would agree with your comment on it most likely being fine for quite a while. Maybe I will hold off and just make sure its within operating level's before going out on my checklist. However I will look into a bleeder and I appreciate the info regarding the procedure

Comment

What brand of propolyene do you use? I had the hardest time finding some. Shipping the indmar branded stuff to Canada is crazy.

In the past I’ve heard the Ford motor craft stuff works.

Comment

bsreid we were using this stuff https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=1169129

I'm pretty sure its what Indmar gets formulated by Camcbrand put in their labeled bottles but could never get them to confirm(of course) the product description is word for word the same from between their website and others. Right down to the CAM-3 inhibitor additives.

Our vendor was out last time we tried ordering but I've been out of the shop for a few months. Running snowcats and skiing at Sun Valley instead.

Comment

Working...
              X