Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternatives to Indmar 872020 and 872022 ATF and V-Drive Fluids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatives to Indmar 872020 and 872022 ATF and V-Drive Fluids?

2017 R21 w/Indmar 360R: I'm looking for a local alternative for ATF and V-drive fluids as I'm looking to change both this weekend. I know Baker has each but they won't be here in time. Is there any Valvoline or similar equivalents to Indmar 872020 and 872022 that I can scoop up at Wal-Mart, Napa, Advance Auto or the like? A direct product link would be great if people know exactly what would work. In Minneapolis, so winter came a little early here and she's been taking refuge in the garage when it was in the teens this week.

Look At bakesonline for the equivalent valvoline ATF info and pic of bottle. You should be able to find it locally. I had to order the vdrive from bakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe this is right. Trans is 2.3 qts of Dexron III (I've also heard people using dexron 6) and V drive is a synthetic 50wt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Valvoline Dex/Merc III is what I'll use then. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...cal&store=6739

Also, for anyone who stumbles on this thread, I talked with Tige just now and they said they change the V-drive fluid at the 20/25 hr service and that it really doesn't need to be changed after that on any regular basis, only monitored and changed if necessary.

Comment

How many quarts on the V drive? I see they changed it at 25 ish hrs. I checked both of mine and they look fine. I just passed 300 hrs it said 300 hr service. I am not sure what else to change. Fluids, plugs, fuel filter.

Comment

How many quarts for the Vdrive?

Comment

I added 2.25 quarts to the trans and it was way over the full mark. But the instructions do say check while in the water let come up to operating temp them shut down 30 sec then check

Comment

I ended up sucking oil back out of the trans down to where it was on the dipstick before the oil change. I did check it again while in the water after a run. I bought too many quarts of oil though.

Comment

I used Indmar fluids for the 20hr service - but they are expensive and hard to find.
                  https://www.indmar.com/service-produ...icants-fluids/

After an exhaustive amount of searching - I'm surprised I can't find more on compatible fluids for the transmission/V-drive units behind these Raptor 6.2 marine engines. Thanks to all above who chimed in... Any reason I shouldn't use the following fluids for the transmission and V-drive in my '23 Z3? I don't mind buying it by the gallon - we are putting a lot of hrs. on the Z3

Valvoline 773636 - Valvoline DEX/MERC ATF Transmission Fluid
                  Part Number: VLV-773636

Mobil 1 122208 - Mobil Delvac 1 Transmission Fluid 50
                  Part Number: MOB-122208-1

Both in stock and readily available from Summit Racing
                  https://www.summitracing.com/

Thanks,
                  Josh

Comment

My 15 Z3 came with a Mobile 1 Delvac 50 tag on the Vdrive.

Comment

Working...
                    X