2016 R20 V-Drive Fluid Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 R20 V-Drive Fluid Change

I searched the forums looking for the procedure to change my V-Drive Fluids and filters. My manuals don't match my ZF 41 IV V-Drive. They have three different models listed, and the closest is a ZF 45 IV. (The manual is in 3 different languages, too. Hard to follow, at first.) The Indmar Engine manual references 4 different models as well. I used that as a cross reference to the ZF transmission manual. See pictures, below.

The ZF manual says to "drain" the fluid from the "filter" (1 procedure for 3 different models. A bit dubious, to start.) I can't find the referenced bolts anywhere under the upper or lower unit. All the forums and Youtube videos show is sucking the fluid out via the dip sticks, which is fine, but does my ZF 41 IV need filters changed? If not, I'm good to go. Just throwing this out there.
    Attached Files

Disregard the filter. Suck thru dipstick on trans. Dex/merc ATF for trans. Suck Vdrive as well. Its a full synth 50 trans fluid for V drive. Same fluid PCM uses for their power plus v drive so you can order fluid from nautiqueparts.com or Indmar

Comment

Working...
    X