Upholstery material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upholstery material

does anybody know if the material with carbon fiber/diamond pattern can be purchased with the pattern already sewn in?

good luck.
    we tried to buy a couple yards for our '14 z3 and were told that tige didn't want to sell some of the swatches as they are running low from that vintage and keeping around for warranty issues, not selling. I completely get it but was a tad frustrating. justin(koolaid) took care of us 100%(so much so we're in a new tige) so I'd reach out to him directly and he can let you know what they will/won't sell.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

The pattern was stitched into the vinyl at the factory as far as I know. You can probably still get material from supplier...
      https://spradlingvinyl.com/catalog-patterns/
      If the diamond pattern came from spradling you would likely have to order a whole roll to get them to add it....and I'm guessing thats not happening as they supply vinyl for a lot more than just Tige(and would explain why they can't get it in TX). Im trying to get some vents from PTM and for vendors that are tapped/supplying multiple manufacturers its almost a lost cause. Literally offering to buy their CAD/solid works file on a discontinued part that they won't do a production run for and can't get an email back(after a phone call to their PSR as well)

If not you could source similar and have a good upholstery shop replicate your look. Or get nuts and change up the whole look. Certainly tougher if you are only trying to replace a skin or two.
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 09-06-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X