Fuel Tank Capacity 2016 Tige 23 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank Capacity 2016 Tige 23 RZX

I purchased a used 23RZX about 6 weeks ago and have had an issue with the fuel tank capacity. The boat has a 65 Gallon tank. (Verified from manufacturer and dealer checking actual tank said 63 gallons on tank). The fuel gauge will show a third full and tank will only take 30 gallons of fuel (should take40-45). Any thoughts on this problem?

Click the pump. Quite often you will have an air lock in the tank, Ive put an extra 20L in after it clicks.
    But I wouldn’t question putting 30 gallons in, the rzx tends to have a lot more in it than it says.

If you hold down on one of your icons on the touch screen you can set it to view a percentage, i find that to be a little more accurate.

Comment

I have noticed that I can fill better if the boat is slightly bow down, since the fuel fills are at the rear of the tank and like bsreid says, that can create air locks.
      Another thing that can effect how much you can put in is if your vent lines have any sag in them between the front of the fuel tank and where your carbon canister is located.... if they do, all it takes is a little fuel getting into the vent line and it will air lock. I had some issues with this till I found the sag in my vent line and corrected. On my boat, there is approx 30" between the front of my tank and where the vent lines goes up into the back of the observers compartment and up to carbon canister.... the vent line had a sag between that space that was trapping fuel in the line. I ended up tightening up my vent line and using some zip ties to remove the sag, made a huge difference on filling the boat.

Fuel senders are notoriously inaccurate in these boats. I replaced my sender this past winter cause at times it seemed to be sticking or mal-functioning and when I removed the old one I noticed that even tho my tank is 11.5" deep... there was a "10" sender installed from factory which is actually only 9.5" long so it was 2" from the bottom of the tank and at half tank made the sender reading 20% off (with boat at rest of course). I ordered/installed an 11" sender (which is actually 10.5" deep). Doing that added 10% to my fuel readings so its a bit more accurate at rest. Regardless, even tho I typically only use 20-25gals per outing (I have 72gal tank) I fill up every time before surfing since it adds to ballast.

Comment

BS Reid and Tige Family...Thank you both for your replies. Service Technician and the Dealership also recommended Fueling the boat in a Bow Down state to attempt to get past the air locks. I will give that a shot. I was unaware of the Percentage vs Bars option on the Fuel Touch Screen. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks again for your help

Comment

I thought I would follow up this post 10 months later. I have found that if you are patient (I'm usually not) you can get 10 - 12 extra gallons of fuel in the tank by continuing to fill after the gas nozzle first clicks. It may take an extra 5 minutes but it make a big difference on getting the tank full.

Comment

Yeah, 2weeks ago I forgot and parked with bow uphill at the gas station we use, filled it up like I normally do and then last week I parked bow down hill and I put in an additional 12-13 gallons than the previous week…..luckily the station I use have a decent slope, so makes it easier to fill up completely……

With all that extra time stuffing the tank, I’d be sure to start the blower as soon as you get to the ramp to allow ample time to clear the bilge of fumes…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arbeiter View Post
              BS Reid and Tige Family...Thank you both for your replies. Service Technician and the Dealership also recommended Fueling the boat in a Bow Down state to attempt to get past the air locks. I will give that a shot. I was unaware of the Percentage vs Bars option on the Fuel Touch Screen. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks again for your help
              Where is the percentage at on the touch screen? All I see is the bars on the gauges. Mine will show 0 to 1 bars and only take 46 gallons. Stressful thinking you're out of gas and have 20 gallons left!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                Click the pump. Quite often you will have an air lock in the tank, Ive put an extra 20L in after it clicks.
                But I wouldn’t question putting 30 gallons in, the rzx tends to have a lot more in it than it says.

If you hold down on one of your icons on the touch screen you can set it to view a percentage, i find that to be a little more accurate.
                Where is the percentage at on the touch screen? All I see is the bars on the gauges. Mine will show 0 to 1 bars and only take 46 gallons. Stressful thinking you're out of gas and have 20 gallons left!

Comment

Originally posted by Duneit View Post

Hold down on one of the gauges on the touch screen and it will give you the option to change it to fuel percentage. Oil pressure, water, air temp, engine temp, rpm are all options.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post

Hold down on one of the gauges on the touch screen and it will give you the option to change it to fuel percentage. Oil pressure, water, air temp, engine temp, rpm are all options.
                    Thanks! I figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X