Belt Replacement Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt Replacement Question

Have a 2008 22ve with 340hp 5.7 motor. Started to get a belt squeak a few weeks ago and it has progressively gotten worse with each outing. Squeal occurs at startup and acceleration so I don't believe it is a wet belt situation.

There are only two belts that I can see and they each have 1" to 1 1/2" of play which appears to be greater than it should.

I've uploaded a picture of the belts for reference.

The belts are facing the rear of the boat and not a lot of room to work with so thought I would start here for a little DIY advice.

1. What belts do you recommend?
    2. Any advice, instructions on removal / replacement would be appreciated.

Attached Files

Id just tighten them. Looks to have been replaced at some point, being a NAPA brand.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

How do you tighten?

Comment

IIRC, the top alternator bolt is the pivot and the bottom bolt is through a slotted bracket. Loosen both and pull the alternator tighter against the belts. You would doing the opposite to get the old ones off, then the same to tighten the new ones.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthrill - Thanks for the advice. Issue has been fixed by tightening the belts. Easy fix other than lack of compartment space...damn you have to be small to fix these!

Comment

Working...
          X