Complete detail $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete detail $$

I am wondering what you guys are seeing/paying for complete detail jobs on your boats?
    I did mine myself but got quotes from $400-$700 bucks for a 03 black and gray 22V. One guy was like straight up $20/ft any boat any color. the next guy really took into account color of boat and condition of boat.
    Do you think color of boat should matter?
    Do you think degree of fade should matter?
    Do you think the condition of the interior should affect the cost or it all has to be cleaned anyway so price is the same?
    Any thing esle you think that should affect the cost of the detail from boat to boat? (besides length)

What I mean by complete is wash,compound,wax,vacuum and clean carpet,clean and treat interior,clean windows, wax/clean tower and every thing on tower and oil the teak platform (clean and wax if fiberglass).
    I was suprised by the wide range of estimates I got and was just wondering what you guys are seeing...Thanx

I paid $16/ft on my 24V $384 total. They even wetsanded the yellow gas stain.
    Let it be!!!

Comment

Odd to see color be a determining factor in the price.
      Definitely the degree of fade should be a factor - in auto detailing they go by % of paint correction. In either situation, they choose the abrasiveness of the polish to start with. Starting with a real abrasive polish and then working down to the finishing polish. Depending on the amount of fade this alone could be a 4 or 1 step process.
      Condition of the interior would be similar to the gelcoat fade. Is it a simple wipe down or scrub down.
      Some detailers, although few do this, will give you an option between product line A or B, possibly C, with each line being progressive more expensive.

xpjim got a great price on a 24' boat. How long did they have your boat? Any detailer worth their salts will keep your auto or boat for a week, because sealers, glazes, and waxes should be given 24 hrs to cure before adding a second coat.

Comment

I paid $15/ft for my boat to be detailed this past winter. They did a fantastic job. I'm very pleased. I had my dealer do it while they had it in for winterization and warranty....but I recall they have someone else come in and do it.

Comment

Working...
        X