Bow cushions on the side walls HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow cushions on the side walls HELP

I own a 1998 22I pre and my front bow cushions have fell off the walls. The mounting harware rusted and fell off. It looks like some type of screw that was screwed into the walls then maybe a sharp pointed end the the seats where held up in place then smacked onto the points. Any one have any knowledge of the mounting hardware and how I can reattach my cushions. Thanks for any and all help

i have the same boat, they are just held up there with screws, get some stainless steel screws, put the cushion where you want it and put the screw in the seam, boo ya mounts right up
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

In the seam??? Of the cushion? That will rip the vinyl.

Comment

BTW.. Fuh Sho, nice boat!! Same exact boat just a little different color scheme with the vinyl. I'll post my pics once I reinstall my seats and cushions.

Comment

Originally posted by WakeJim View Post
          tell me about it. I just now finished redoing my whole interior this weekend.. It killed me to put screws through my brand new vinyl!! I even messed one up and about had a freaking heart attack. It has to be one of the most asinine ways to secure cushions I have ever seen. IMPO if you are ever thinking of doing a complete re-do of your interior I dont really consider it a DIY job. I work on these boats for a living and I can say I will NOT be doing it again on my boat that is for sure. I have done some newer tiges that were much better. they have studs on the back and you stick through the holes in the side of the boat and tighten from the back. Much better idea and way easier to do. All in all my boat turned out great even with the one mistake I made. But it was a chit ton of work and something I NEVER want to do again.
          long story short suck it up and put a screw through that bitch.

Comment

LOL!!!!! Thanks KKO

Comment

Originally posted by WakeJim View Post
              the seat is two parts, kinda lol, the split inbetween them is where you have to screw them into the hull, it sucks to do i know but thats the only way

ill take some pictures tomorrow when i go to the barn
              Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Working...
              X