Faking a Fake a Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faking a Fake a Lake

Has anyone ever just stuck the end of a water hose in the water intake hose inside the boat and ran the boat that way instead of using a Fake a Lake. I was told this would work.

I've never done that but i made a fake a lake out of a plunger and hose fitting for about $5. it works great.

Comment

it would prolly work but make one helluva mess, just get a fake-a-lake, they aren't that much $$
      Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremiah.hough View Post
        I've never done that but i made a fake a lake out of a plunger and hose fitting for about $5. it works great.
        thats what i did, cost me 8 bucks works like a charm
        Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuh Sho View Post
          thats what i did, cost me 8 bucks works like a charm
          Same here...very easy to make. Picked up the hose adapter/connector at Harbor Freight.

Comment

I bought a fake-a-lake from west marine. I think it was $30. I thought about making one, but the one I ended up with has an adjustable pole on it. I figured the boat may be in the driveway, the street, or ???? So having an adjustable pole would be worth the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by penalber4 View Post
              Has anyone ever just stuck the end of a water hose in the water intake hose inside the boat and ran the boat that way instead of using a Fake a Lake. I was told this would work.
              Yep!
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I went ahead and made a fake a lake from a plunger and hose fitting from Home Depot and it worked awsome. Thanks for the ideas tigeowners.

Comment

Working...
                X