oil pan drain line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pan drain line

I changed my oil this weekend and the drain line that is connected on the bottom of the pan is long enough to go out the bilge drain hole but the oil drains onto the TAPS plate and makes a mess. The drain line should be longer to hang off the TAPS plate, about 6 inches.

So I went to the hardware store got some fittings and some hose and made it longer.
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Pics or a parts list? I need to change the oil in my RZ2 and was going to try and rig something up with this pump that I already have:

Comment

I really like the idea of the drain line attatched to the pan and when you drain it all the oil goes outside of the boat instead of collecting oil inside the boat.

The end of the hose is 1/4" pipe thread, male. I got a brass 1/4" female to 3/8" barb and attatched a piece of clear tubing. so the extension hangs over the taps plate.
      I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info! I think I can probably buy some parts to make this pump work on the end then.

Comment

My 2008 22ve has a female end on the drain hose. you might check to see which one you have first. I would be sure to warm the motor up before trying to pump the oil out of a pump that small.

Comment

Working...
          X