Stock Battery size in 2006 Tiges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Battery size in 2006 Tiges?

Can someone help me out. My boat is 2 hours away and I need to get new batteries. It a 2006 Tige 24ve with the stock dual battery system. What group size are these batteries? Any recommendations on a good replacement?

Thanks.

I'm replacing my battery today. I'll let you know. I have a 22V though.

Comment

group size 24. i like to use one cranking and 0ne deep cycle. Interstate makes a group 24 in both wich is probably what you have now. I upgraded to the group 27 deep cycle in my 03 but I dont think you will have room in yours. stock set up is 2 group 24.
      Last edited by kko; 04-19-2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know you could do 1 cranking and 1 deep cycle. That will work with the EDBI or whatever that charging system is called?

Comment

In my boat the starting battery is an Interstate Cranking battery. The accessory battery is a deep cycle marine battery. This came from the factory that way. Both are the standard 24 size, I dont think you can fit the longer size batteries in the current battery bays.

Comment

Yep, I have the 24 size. I have two cranking interstates.

Comment

Get one cranking and one Deep-cycle. The starting battery should be the one closest to the side and the deep should be the one closest to the engine.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
                Thanks, I didn't know you could do 1 cranking and 1 deep cycle. That will work with the EDBI or whatever that charging system is called?
                yes

Comment

Just confirmed the hard way that group size 27 batteries do not fit on an 06 22V. Luckily my storage place had batteries for sale. Actually cheaper than autozone, kragen, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X