Tune Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tune Up

It is about that time. Along with the annual impellar and fluid change, I need to change my plugs, wires etc. Should I use Merc wires etc, or will high quality automotive do the trick? Same on the distributor cap, etc. Let me know your thoughts and come on summertime.

Eagle Marine told me my Merc wires should still be ok at 10 years, but I would like to see what everyone on here has to say.

Comment

I have not been to Eagle. How is it? At least the traffic getting there will be better for us than going to Lewisville. Now Matt will have to make a drive.

Comment

Who are you guys using in Lewisville? I'm in Richardson and just bought my first Tige.

Comment

I use http://www.texasvessel.com/. Thats my good friends business.

In the past I have always taken it straight to the factory.

Comment

If you want to test your plug wires ohm them out. Depending what material they are they could anywhere from the 10's for carbon up to 1500 ohms for a conventional wire. This could save you a few hundred bucks.

Comment

Mallory has a Marine division, as an option?

http://www.mallory-marine.com/
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

OK, so what constitutues a full tune up?

Comment

Is the boat carb or injected?
                    We usaually change cap and rotor around 300hrs dependent on how much corrosion on terminals, plugs and wires we inspect and change as they show signs of wear, currently have 1000hrs on ski team boat with oringinal plugs and wires, if you have a carb, plugs dont last as long.
                    Also clean flame arrestor or filter and clean throttlebody if injected about every 300hrs, fuel filter the same dependent on how often you use boat, if it sits a lot you change more often.

Comment

Cap and rotor were changed in '08, so should be ok. I am going to change the wires and plugs, oil and filter, water/fuel separator, and impellor. Wow, spark plugs are expensive!

Comment

Working...
                      X