Brake fluid on trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake fluid on trailer

Anyone have any tips or recommendations? I haven't checked or replaced my brake fluid so I think its time but have never done it before.

What kind of brake fluid do I need? Any other tips?

I have a 2006 Dorsey Trailer.

Thanks in advance.

DOT 3 or 4.

gravity bleed is the easy way. open the bleeders, open the cap, let them bleed till the fluid is running clear at the wheels then close them. Just make sure to keep the reservoir full as the level drops.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      DOT 3 or 4.

Just make sure to keep the reservoir full as the level drops.
      X10!!!

DO NOT let air get in there! I did mine a while ago. I think I googled "bleeding trailer brakes"

Comment

How much oil should I insert? I suppose I could probably read it on my trailer somewhere.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
          How much oil should I insert? I suppose I could probably read it on my trailer somewhere.

Thanks guys.
          Only as much as you bleed out. As the fluid gravity bleeds out of the the caliper/wheel cylinder, as just enough to the master cylinder to jeep it near the full mark. The key is to not let the reservoir run low as this will allow are in to the lines. Once you are done bleeding and the bleeders are closed, top off the level to the full mark. simply wash the wheels with water will clean off the brake fluid.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X