Bimini Top Dying Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimini Top Dying Help?

So, I havent kapt our factory bimini on our tower since I bought the boat 2 years ago. The seams and fabric are rip/run free but the original red color is very faded. With our first kid on the way, I need to think about getting some shade on the boat now and am considering dying the cover black and reinstalling.

Any thoughts on this? I dont want to get into a rainstorm and have dye dripping all over the boat.

I would recover the bimini it is to risky to dye it and chance that it will bleed all over the inside of your boat. I have problems with my cover bleeding onto the vynil of the rear lockers. This is with high quality sunbrella material. I doubt there is a dye out there that you would be able to apply and it wouldnt bleed when it got wet. purchase some sunbrella material online and take it you your local upholstry shop or seamstress the chould be able to sew it up for ya. It will be cheaper in the long run since you wont end up having to replace the interior from it being dyed from your bimini top.
    2001 Tige 21V Fresh Air Exhaust, ballast, loud stereo, blue v drive, ACME 1235 prop Kneeboarding, Surfing, and having fun!

Comment

Thanks Pro-Fab, I am thinking the same thing. Just not worth it to risk having dye drip all over the boat. I will either be purchasing a whole new tower w/bimini or refurbish the existing.

B

Comment

Working...
      X