Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting battery terminals after charging

Hi All ,

I have tige 22v 2005 , my wife had a baby which meant my wakeboarding dried up entirely. I decided to remove the batteries fromt he boat and place them on trickle charge. I "joined" all the terminals and the respective "other wires" together with a piece of wire.
    My brother decided he wanted to conect the batteries and use the boat last weekend. In the process of reconnecting he managed to get mixed up with all the terminals and co'wires which run the radio, courtersy lights etc.

I was hoping someone could post/email me the wiring diagram for the battery terminals for this respective boat.

Oh and if you do know off hand what the serial number is for the oil filter for the GM 5.7l 340hp Vortec motor - I woudl appreciate that too.

Tx

Karl

I'm assuming you have multiple batteries, right? If so, what type of set-up do you have? Is it a simple battery switch with all the batteries being the same or do you have a starter battery and one or more deep cycle batteries to run your stereo?

In general, the heavier gauge red wires will go to the positive terminal and the heavier gauge black cables (i.e., battery cables) will go to the negative. If you have multiple batteries, their negative terminals need to be connected to each other.

Here's the thread to read:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ighlight=perko

Also, try using the search feature with the key word of Perko and you'll see some other threads that may be helpful.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

thanx Dogbert

Yeah they are double batteries , the large gauge isnt the trouble its all the smaller wires thats got me worried, I connected all the small black ones to the neg terminal and the red to pos but my stereo and courtesy lights are not working.

Ideas?

Comment

Did you check the electrical panel under the helm? Are all the switches turned on? What about the fuses? Are they good?

Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
        X